”Cous Cous’ – The food so nice, they named it twice. You can also substitute with quinoa, risoni, freekeh, bulgur or barley. This salad will last in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days as long as you don’t add the dressing’
Makes 4 serves
- 2 cups cous cous
- 500ml boiling water
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 slice preserved lemon, rind only, washed, finely chopped
- 2 red capsicums, chargrilled, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch mint, finely shredded
- ½ bunch parsley, finely shredded
- Smokey Cream
- ½ cup vegan sour cream
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp flaked salt
- juice of 1 lemon
1. In a large bowl, soak the cous cous and boiling water for 5 minutes. Once the cous cous has absorbed the water, ‘fluff’ using a fork until it is crumbled.
2. Stir through the onion, pine nuts, lemon, capsicum, mint and parsley and toss well to combine.
3. In a bowl, stir together the sour cream, paprika, salt and lemon and serve next to salad.